Saturday 10 October 2015

Help unlocking the Huawei H876G for Net10/Tracphone



Hello Everyone,

Let me start by saying that I am a complete noob when it comes to android and I wanted to ask the experts here. I purchased this phone (The Huawei Inspira H867G) from tracphone, but cant find any information on unlocking this device anywhere.. not even on the Huawei site.. i called them and they are not aware of this device, I read on another forum that the T-Mobile U8686 is the same phone but rebranded.

I am trying to unlock the device, i have purchased the unlock code, but unlike other phones where you put in a foreign SIM and device aks for network unlock code, this phone just does not ask for the unlock code..

no matter what SIM i put it just says "SIM Locked" with a DISMISS button.

does any one know of a way to bypass this and still enter the unlock code? Or how i can modify some settings so that it asks for the unlock code?

I have googled and searched high and low for over a month and just found some clues but no real idea on how to start. From what I can tell I first have to root the phone and then unlock the bootloader, then find a ROM and install it somehow? Am I correct? Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment