Friday 16 October 2015

G530h showing black screen after installing the stock lollipop update



Hey guys so I think I screwed up. I was updating to lollipop stock firmware for the galaxy grand prime (g530h/ds) using odin and I forgot to enable usb debugging before starting the process. It all went well and odin gave me a 'PASSED' message but now the phone doesnt show anything after the samsung boot screen (Which shows the name of the phone and "powered by android" beneath). Also, by 'the display not showing anything', I mean that the display doesnt entirely go black, there are faded vertical bars (initially the is screen dark with faint white edges on all sides) and i can see a very faint shadow of the Android logo and a 'Downloading' caption underneath it (sometimes, not always). Also, the screen fades in and out after a few seconds. Bricked or nah? I cant get into recovery but I can still get into Download mode.
This was the firmware I installed:
G530HXXU2BOH5_G530HSER2BOH5_SER (russian) from samfirmware
and then after all this happened, I retried with this firmware but the same thing happened:
G530HXXU2BOH7_G530HODD2BOH3_INS (indian)

then after digging around on google I realized that you have to install the firmware that matches your region (csc, baseband and all that stuff I did not even understand). Now how do i tell what is the basedband, csc or whatever of my phone so that I can download the proper firmware version? Or am i screwed here? (i know i'm not well versed in the technicalities of rooting and I realize it was my mistake to not properly do research before manually installing firmware, so it would be nice if i get a positive feedback)



No comments:

Post a Comment