Friday 16 October 2015

Issue with headphones and sound



Hello,
I'm experiencing sound issues on an I9300, which I bought used. The phone indicates that there are headphones inserted, which leads to no sound from the loud speaker or the earpiece. Using Soundabout I can get them both back, which leads to hardware problem and means I cannot use any headphones.
I have cleaned the 3.5mm jack using a match and duct tape, also with a cotton swab, moistened with alcohol. Didn't help me with the issue so I've decided to buy a whole new loud speaker module. After testing it I found out that the problem isn't actually caused by the jack. When I disassembled the phone I have found some spots. The phone has likely been moistened. The spots looked caused by muddy water or probably cola, because some parts were stuck. Then I got pretty convinced that the issue is with the motherboard.
On the Internet I have found a motherboard treatment with isopropyl alcohol. I've bathed the MB for 10 minutes in that liquid, then let it dry but didn't work either.

Buying another MB would probably solve the problem, but I'm looking for alternative options. I gave for the phone and a new MB costs . I'd just get rid of the phone instead, but I just don't feel like buying a low-end phone, either spending all my savings on a high-end one because the Archidroid experience, thanks to JustArchi, is pretty much all what I'm looking for.
[SPOILER]Sorry for my English, I'm trying my best.[/SPOILER]



No comments:

Post a Comment