Saturday 10 October 2015

G925T Do's and Don't's



Hey guys! I've been rooting and flashing phones for a while now, however this is going to be my first Samsung device and it seems like the rooting proccess is different. Just ordered one off of eBay and it's coming in some time next week.

I've been searching and reading countless threads on how to root and flash the S6 Edge, but still wanted to know all the do's and don't's when flashing the phone.
First thing I want to do is obviously root the phone when I get it. I don't know which s/w version it will come with, so what will be the easiest method to root the phone?
From what I've read, flashing a custom recovery such as TWRP will trip KNOX. Besides that, what else can trip it?
Also, it looks like flashing a custom kernel is required to root the phone. On the LG G3, for example, I could just flash a SuperSU zip from recovery to root the phone. Does it not work like that with this phone?

Thank you for your help.



No comments:

Post a Comment