Saturday 10 October 2015

Unlocked Galaxy S4 Your device has been modified. Software Updates are not available



Hello everyone! im sure this post has been covered but I having trouble navigating around and finding the info I need. I would like to start by saying 6 years ago I owned an htc hero that I rooted and installed cyanogenmod on using xda developers. everyone on here was extremely knowledgeable and helpful so this is where I am returning to first with my questions and issues. here is my story.\

we ordered and purchased my mother a galaxy s4 online. it came from Germany. We received it already unlocked, rooted, and custom software installed :(
its one thing for me to start with a stock phone and do it all myself, but im not sure how to take this already modified phone and turn it into cyanogenmod or back to stock (without losing root).

here is the phones current info
Galaxy S4 Model Number: GT-19500
Device Status: Custom
(Unlocked GSM Phone - Hooked up to bring your own ATT phone Straight Talk Line)
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: 19500XXUGNF6
Kernel version: 3.4.5-2434847 dpi@SWDD3913 #1 (Wed Aug 6 16:24:19 KST 2014)
Build Number: KOT49H.19500XXUGNH2
SE for Android Status Enforcing SEPF_GT-19500_4.4.2_0040 (Mon Feb 02 13:58:13 2015)

I am very very outdated on my terms and what this all means but very much willing to learn!! im exited to start modifying her phone and making it better as it is ALWAYS dying and im not sure why the company we bought it from modded it in the first place. I would like info on what was done to this (if anyone knows) and how I can either get it wiped clean (so they have no access to the custom stuff they put on it) and how I can install either cyanogenmod or another up to date custom rom, OR how I can restore it to factory rom that way I can do updates to newer android WITHOUT LOSING ROOT (if this is possible) all recommendations links and info is appreciated! I used to be apart of the xda community and have been out of the loop for a few years and would love to start learning again. my biggest fear is bricking or ruining my moms phone. she needs it for use everyday and I cant do anything that will ruin her phone (although I know all this comes with risk I trust the knowledge of most of the experienced users on here). her phone is an unlocked gsm phone as it is hooked up to a bring your own ATT phone Straight talk line.
Lets Get Started :)



No comments:

Post a Comment