Saturday 10 October 2015

Ubuntu for Android



Hi everybody. I'd be very keen on an hypothetical Ubuntu for Android like ROM. I've searched it without success. Is there any project like this? If not, could you tell me which should be the way to go? I mean, I've played a bit with ROM development, but of course I don't have any idea of how to start a project like this.

I'd be very grateful if you could provide any information about it. How Canonical created Ubuntu for Android? How Motorola created Webtop? There are ways to install a Linux distro on a phone, but they are usually virtualized. Basically, what I'd like to have is an Android ROM that, when docked, started a GNU/Linux environment with all the power that a distro has. Package manager, desktop apps and so on. Something like Ubuntu Edge software or Microsoft Continuum, but with Android.

I know that I'm noob but I'd really appreciate you're orientations :)



No comments:

Post a Comment