Saturday 10 October 2015

Sprint S4 LPH-L720 Drops Data



The history of my S4 LPH-L720:

1. I bought this when it was first released in May of 2013.
2. I've been using custom roms for a solid 2 years and the issue just started within the last 6 months.

The problem:

1. Recently it's been dropping the data connection completely, which requires me to cycle airplane mode to get it back (cycling Data Connection does nothing).
2. This happens with LTE and EVDO connections, but if I force it to CDMA (1X) then I don't experience the data drops.
3. This is happening with multiple Sprint towers as well.

My questions for the community are:

1. If my phone is slowly dying then I'm considering another Sprint S4 (L720 not the L720T) on eBay, but I wanted to see if others with the original S4 are having similar issues with data connections, in case it's a Sprint specific thing.
I need the non-spark model because I can use voice and LTE data at the same time. This is very handy when I need to tether and still use my phone.
2. Are their any Sprint LTE bands that this phone is incompatible with that could be causing this issue?

Thank you for your input!



No comments:

Post a Comment