Saturday 10 October 2015

Phone won't boot after battery replacements



Hello XDA,
A couple months ago I decided to replace the stock battery with a replacement I got off ebay. For those who keep up with the Nexus 5 news, a lot of users decide to replace their batteries because they think that a fresh battery can rejuvenate the battery of life of the phone, which makes sense. Apparently, despite looking the exact same as the stock one, it is made by Samsung because on the back it says "SAMSUNG TSD1 PGF445560LT.....". Because it's a third party, I saw a few posts online that said how much problems they had. I decided to still go with it because I guess I was desperate. After I replaced it, I honestly got similar results to what I got with the originally packaged battery. I decided to leave the battery in because I thought that maybe I could get better results over a longer period of time. Since June, I was running the Marshmallow preview, updated to preview 3.

Anyways, now to the part that matters. One week ago, my phone, running M Preview 3, was having random reboots, you know things I read about before I got the battery. It was also getting hot. I don't know if this was a bug with the preview, but I decided with my gut that it may have been because of the battery. So I decided to take apart my phone to replace the battery I got from Ebay with the one originally packaged in my phone. Well bad news here, because my phone wouldn't boot at all! After a couple of tries, I was able to see light on the inside after lifting the back cover. I was able to access the bootloader, however only when my phone was charging. I was able to flash fastboot commands allowing me to factory reset my phone. I was able to achieve something similar with the ebay battery accept I kept having this problem. Now I know you're thinking that maybe I should just buy a new battery, but what's to say that I'll get another crappy defect making me have the same problem? Can someone help me figure whether I damaged the phone elsewhere. I'm having a friend check it out tomorrow, but I would really appreciate your help.



No comments:

Post a Comment