Saturday 10 October 2015

How can you guys survive without an SD slot (Especially Nexus users) ?



Hi,

Just wanted to discuss, as I'm curious about the opinion of people here, especially those (But not limited to) who are getting an Nexus phone which has obviously no SD card slot;

Had an Optimus One from 2011 to 2014 as my first phone and then switched to Galaxy S4. Sometimes I thought maybe I could have gotten a Nexus, or not sure, maybe a Nexus could be my next phone, or even a Sony (I like my S4. But when I got it, I didn't knew about KNOX haha. I'd rather not support Samsung in the long run with their KNOX flag I guess).

The lack of an SD card slot always drove me away from Nexus phones (Except Nexus One, which I did considered long ago), although it's true that Nexus phones look pretty amazing. How did you guys (Not limited to Nexus) chose a Nexus, not fearing that you might end up lacking storage at some point? I used to store Dreamcast ROMs in my SD card, and played around with Dolphin emulator for a while, these are quite huge files, and if you put movies in the phone too haha, space can run out pretty quick.

I have the 16GB variant of the S4 along with a 32GB microSD card (External SD close to full. Might upgrade to 64 eventually) - My 32GB card is close to full, so obviously a 32GB phone with no SD is a big no-no. 64GB would be the bare minimum, considered that storage space would be splitted between the user data (/Data/Media) and the /Data partition itself for app storage, also not forgetting the /System partition, I might even get tight on storage on a 64GB phone. So the wisest choice would be to get a 128GB version which is costly anyway.

I discussed about my point/needs myself, altough I'm especially curious, while I will have to say goodbye to SD cards slot at some point anyway, some people here did chose recent phones with lack of SD support without any fear of lacking storage (Which unfortunately drive me away from Nexus, but might consider a 128GB variant).

How is the lack of an SD card slot not a deal-breaker to you, and worth all the other features, guys?
Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment