Tuesday, 6 October 2015

[Question]Force touch / Pressure touch on current Android Phones.



I just saw post claiming synaptics is going to bring force touch displays for Android... So I was just thinking about that, I came up with this.



All water proof phones(and some other phones) has a pressure sensor inside them.
For Xperia Z series phones you can test the pressure sensor from service menu. The harder you press, larger the pressure change.


So I was wondering, can we actually mod current androids to respond to abrupt - large pressure changes while touch position is taken into consideration?

A small pressure change means a normal touch, a large change (like 3-5) would mean a press and this + normal touch location.

Can this mimic the Huawei / apples force touch screens? Since its almost the same thing, touch location + change in pressure. We could have multiple levels of touch or just 2 levels, a touch and a press!


/discuss!

Sent from my D6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app



No comments:

Post a Comment