Tuesday, 6 October 2015

D850 on Cricket - network issues ?



I have D850 with Cricket sim card. It is same ATT network but cricket has different apn settings. (running stock 4.4.2 build KVT49L.D85010f )
It does connects to data mostly 3g, it gets 4g lte without any action (on my side ) sometimes (just sit in one spot and 3g changes to 4g lte after few minutes ).
I did set apn as specified on cricket site.

Problems are:
- takes long time to get connected to cricket after reboot (1-2 minutes)
- sometimes drops network connection and tries to re-connect again
- making voice call caused data connection to drop and network re-connect (which takes a minute or two).

Pretty much it works but network connection is unstable.

I've tried *#*#4636#*#* and 3845#*850#* , There is no RAT selection on D850 phone.

Network operators selection menu sometimes available, but sometimes grayed out and sometimes not present at all. ( between reboots)
When it is present, I can see ATT and T-mobile operators.

I compare LG connectivity (time to establish and stability) to native cricket samsung galaxy s4 which gets 4g connection instantly on the same spot.
Doesn't show any of these issues (drop/reconnect), or may be it is too quick so I can't notice.

Network signal reported about -109 to -111 db .

Questions:
Is it normal/known for LG G3 to have weaker signal then Galaxy S4 ? (may by signal reception is root cause of re-connects?)
Is it caused by some ATT code leftovers that first try ATT network connection/parameters ? Like it tries ATT connection first and than cricket ?
Will flashing with other ROM's help ? If yes, what ROM you would recommended ?



No comments:

Post a Comment