Hello there, beginner here.
I'm having issues getting my SM-G900F rooted, which is running Android 5.0. My phone doesn't reboot into recovery after flashing cf-auto-root, and the trouble shooting section about this issue doesn't help me too.
However, after flashing, my phone does not reboot into recovery, and just stays in Download mode, with Odin saying PASS.
I know that there's a trouble shooting section below in the steps I linked, but it is not helping me, or I don't understand it. In fact, I have several questions about these steps, and maybe someone can help me about it. Let me cite the original post and my questions about it.
First question arises here. How should I put my device into download mode if I wanted to use the "ADB reboot download" command? According to the steps, it is not connected to my PC at the moment. So I chose to get into download mode with VolDown+Home+Power.
As said, my phone does not reboot, even after Odin states "PASS". So I tried the steps explained in the following note:
What is meant with "do the entire procedure again"? My phone is now sitting in download mode, with Odin saying PASS. Should I just press "Start" again in Odin? That does nothing on my phone.
Should I pull the battery? My phone is still on then, since it takes the power from the USB connection. So I disconnect it too? If I do that and put the battery back in, it immediately automatically boots, and I get the following error on my screen:
Recovery booting
Recovery is not SEAndroid enforcing
Set warranty bit: recovery
And then it just hangs there, and installs nothing. If I try to restart it normally, it goes back to this screen, all the time.
This does not work together with the behavior I stated before. When I pull the battery and the USB connection to turn it off, and insert the battery back in, it immediately boots up. I'm not sure if I was too slow pressing VolUp+Home+Power, but my phone still says the aforementioned SEAndroid error.
Can anybody help the noob I am? In what state is my phone now? Do I understand correctly that it indeed wants to boot into Recovery, but does not like it because it is not fulfilling some "SEAndroid security stuffs"? =3
Thanks for all the help in advance.
I'm having issues getting my SM-G900F rooted, which is running Android 5.0. My phone doesn't reboot into recovery after flashing cf-auto-root, and the trouble shooting section about this issue doesn't help me too.
- I used this cf-auto-root release, as it states to be the one for SM-G900F and Android 5.0.
- I then followed these steps with the Odin version included in the download.
However, after flashing, my phone does not reboot into recovery, and just stays in Download mode, with Odin saying PASS.
I know that there's a trouble shooting section below in the steps I linked, but it is not helping me, or I don't understand it. In fact, I have several questions about these steps, and maybe someone can help me about it. Let me cite the original post and my questions about it.
Quote:
... - (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer - Start Odin3-vX.X.exe - Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5 - Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command) |
Quote:
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer - Make sure Repartition is NOT checked - Click the Start button - Wait for Android to boot |
Quote:
NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. |
Should I pull the battery? My phone is still on then, since it takes the power from the USB connection. So I disconnect it too? If I do that and put the battery back in, it immediately automatically boots, and I get the following error on my screen:
Recovery booting
Recovery is not SEAndroid enforcing
Set warranty bit: recovery
And then it just hangs there, and installs nothing. If I try to restart it normally, it goes back to this screen, all the time.
Quote:
If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process. |
Can anybody help the noob I am? In what state is my phone now? Do I understand correctly that it indeed wants to boot into Recovery, but does not like it because it is not fulfilling some "SEAndroid security stuffs"? =3
Thanks for all the help in advance.
No comments:
Post a Comment