Hello,
This is my first post on this forum so hello everyone! This forum has helped me numerous times with various devices, it is a valuable source of information and the people here seem very helpful. I have searched but cant find a thread relating to my current issue so I decided to start a thread and hopefully get some answers.
Ill try to keep this short while still providing enough information, first things first my device is a D802T 32GB model. Timeline of steps ive taken are as follows.
-Running Ressurection Remix ROM
-Downloaded ROM update and flashed with TWRP
-Device would get to "Upgrading Apps" step then restart half way through, back to upgrading app, restart again and so on
-Flashed stock ROM with LG Flash tool 2014, Froze at 49%
-Tried again to flash Stock ROM, this time it froze at 10%
-This caused the phone to loose Download mode & Recovery.... HARD BRICKED :(
-Phone would show as Qualcomm HS-USB 9006 in device manager
-Used Ubuntu to flash Partitions
-Must have flashed wrong partitions, after I flashed them the phone seemed to be 100% bricked with no signs of life at all
-Managed to jump pins on chip inside phone to get it into Qualcomm HS-USB 9008 mode
-Downloaded BIN_LGD802AT-00-V10b-SEA-XX-SEP-04-2013-32G+0 TOT File and extracted partitons
-Used BoardDiag to re flash Partitions I extracted from TOT file above
-Phone now seems 100% fixed except for one issue NO DISPLAY! :(
The phone boots, I hear the boot sound, the touch screen works as it should but I have no display whatsoever not even a black screen. My question is can flashing partitions cause you to loose display but the phone still boot and retain digitizer function?
I repair phones for a bit of extra money on the side so I know what im doing but I wanted another opinion or two before I go ordering parts. Does this sound like I may have damaged something while jumping the pins or could it be the partitions I flashed? Also if I have damaged something how can I tell if its the screen or if I damaged the charge port flex as this carry's the display signal. Keep in mind everything else works on that lower board such as the USB port etc. It seems a massive coincidence I loose display after flashing partitions but then again I was fiddling with the insides but I have done that many many times before so what are peoples thoughts on this?
I appreciate anyone who takes the time to help :)
This is my first post on this forum so hello everyone! This forum has helped me numerous times with various devices, it is a valuable source of information and the people here seem very helpful. I have searched but cant find a thread relating to my current issue so I decided to start a thread and hopefully get some answers.
Ill try to keep this short while still providing enough information, first things first my device is a D802T 32GB model. Timeline of steps ive taken are as follows.
-Running Ressurection Remix ROM
-Downloaded ROM update and flashed with TWRP
-Device would get to "Upgrading Apps" step then restart half way through, back to upgrading app, restart again and so on
-Flashed stock ROM with LG Flash tool 2014, Froze at 49%
-Tried again to flash Stock ROM, this time it froze at 10%
-This caused the phone to loose Download mode & Recovery.... HARD BRICKED :(
-Phone would show as Qualcomm HS-USB 9006 in device manager
-Used Ubuntu to flash Partitions
-Must have flashed wrong partitions, after I flashed them the phone seemed to be 100% bricked with no signs of life at all
-Managed to jump pins on chip inside phone to get it into Qualcomm HS-USB 9008 mode
-Downloaded BIN_LGD802AT-00-V10b-SEA-XX-SEP-04-2013-32G+0 TOT File and extracted partitons
-Used BoardDiag to re flash Partitions I extracted from TOT file above
-Phone now seems 100% fixed except for one issue NO DISPLAY! :(
The phone boots, I hear the boot sound, the touch screen works as it should but I have no display whatsoever not even a black screen. My question is can flashing partitions cause you to loose display but the phone still boot and retain digitizer function?
I repair phones for a bit of extra money on the side so I know what im doing but I wanted another opinion or two before I go ordering parts. Does this sound like I may have damaged something while jumping the pins or could it be the partitions I flashed? Also if I have damaged something how can I tell if its the screen or if I damaged the charge port flex as this carry's the display signal. Keep in mind everything else works on that lower board such as the USB port etc. It seems a massive coincidence I loose display after flashing partitions but then again I was fiddling with the insides but I have done that many many times before so what are peoples thoughts on this?
I appreciate anyone who takes the time to help :)
No comments:
Post a Comment